It is official, the frenzied packing, noodle headedness, and total mood swings that accompany the 6 days before I leave has started. I am truly usless at work, standing in classrooms wondering how many Zyrtecs to bring, what Lilah Rose's fat little tummy looks like, and mourning my death on the airplane. Poor Mike will have his handsful with 4 motherless children.
Our agency sent our itinerary, which made everything extra real! I am extremely excited that we will be able to visit Lilah Rose's orphanage! This will be a true privilege, and an extremely important event to document for Lilah. I'm going to take as many pictures, and interview as many people there as possible, so she will have this information when she gets older. I regret not going to Luke's orphanage, but we were dealing with both his fragile health and also anger at the orphanage for allowing him to get into the shape he was in.
While we are in Lilah's province I am thrilled to be staying in a hotel with the best name ever : The Galactic Peace Hotel! http://www.glthp.com/english/jdjs.asp I love it! I sure hope they sell tee shirts, because I'm buying one. Every time I hear the name I think of the big convention in one of the new Star Wars movies where aliens from all over the galaxy meet to discuss "galactic needs" or what ever aliens need to discuss. I'm imagining Carol and me sitting in the hotel along with yodas, robots, and those cute little teddy bear guys all kicking back and feelin' peaceful....
I'm planning on posting everyday, the Internet will be my only connection to home, so any comments sure will be appreciated!!!
Late nights
9 years ago











5 comments:
Oh, how exciting! I will be following your travels! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing with us fellow adoptive parents who are still waiting!
Blessings,
Kim
I will check your posts daily. We are still waiting for travel dates and article 5. Can't wait to see new pic's of your sweetheart.
Holly Arnold:)
I'll be checking on you daily! Or, I'll do my best. My blog reading has fallen by the way-side. I'll get better while you are gone!!
It's almost time! We'll think about you every day. You're blessed to have such a great friend in Carol to accompany you the whole way. Can't wait to meet Miss Lilah Rose.
I am so happy for you! Sometime sthe blog doesn't work in CHina have you a way to email someone your pictures and post for them to post for you? That is my back up plan anyways!
Carrie
Post a Comment