10.10.2009

Another Pic At The Wall

Hi! We are getting ready to leave for more touring in Beijing, before we leave for Nanchang and LILAH ROSE!!! Yesterday was so cool, we saw so much and I have a lot to say, but we have to be packed up and ready to go in 10 mins so this will have to be short. The Great Wall was everything we thought it would be and more. I was afraid there would be lots of tourists but there were few there and at times it felt like it was just us...priceless!

We went to a rural portion, up in the mountains about 2 hours outside of Beijing, and it was a beautiful ride, we saw lots of farmers on the side of the road selling nuts, apples, pears, and persimmons? On the way back, Angela stopped to get her sister some fresh chesnuts, it reminde us of when people in Atlanta go to the N GA mountains to get apples in the fall.
We also went to the night snack street, which is a crazy food cabaret outside downtown, more about that, lots of delicious looking snacks and heinous looking snacks, the worst being the STINKY tofu, which is much more than stinky, we could smell it a block away, no kidding. The picture of it shows it, it is grey blue and has a smelly haze around it. Really really smelly. Like dirty feet and underwear but concentrated and sharp. Angela can't bear it and spent the entire walk holding her nose ....see pic! :)

More tonite, we will be in Nanchang getting ready for Lilah!!
I'm already starting to transition emotionally from giddy tourist to a little serious, knowing our little girl's world is about to be rocked.
Please, if you want to send a message send it to millsmore@aol.com, because I can't see the blog....
Love to all,
Anne

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Ewwww.. I can remember the smell.
I am excited to see tomorrow's post!
Patricia

Carrie said...

Wooo-Hoooo! I am so jealous!