10.22.2009

Winding Down

God Bless the Dumpling Man!


Tomorrow is our last day here in China. What an incredible trip. I tried to make Carol write this post, but she wouldn't. It feels impossible to put into words what our experience has been here. The birthplace of my son and daughter is a place of such beauty. But much more than beauty, the sounds, sights and smells are so varied and exotic they will take a long time to process. We decided that the heart of China is the family. Everywhere we go we see intact families, all working and living together. Moms, dads, kids, grandprents, playing cards and tiles outside their stores, eating together, grandparents riding their bikes with a grandbaby tucked on the seat with them, moms and dads walking their kids to and from school, everyone playing badminton together. Everywhere is the family unit doing their thing. It really brings home to us what we thought already. Family is everything! Speaking of that, we are on our last nerve missing our own families!! We will arrive in Atlanta at 5:58am Sunday, and not a moment too soon!!

Cute puppy at street fair


Bargaining about a cute pair of shoes..... I lost.






Our new American girl




4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Sounds like it's been an awesome trip... so glad you'll be on your way HOME soon :)
Lilah Rose is absolutely beautiful, I bet you can't wait to get her home to meet everyone!

Alyson and Ford said...

We've enjoyed following along on your journey!
peace
fm

Patricia said...

What an amazing trip you have had. I am glad you got to see and enjoy more of China this time. I do believe Lilah's hair is a bit wavy...?? Have a safe, peaceful trip home!
Patricia

mom2three said...

I've enjoyed reading all your posts. I hope you all have a smooth and safe trip home. Thanks for keeping us all updated ;)