Here's what happens when you ask Luke to talk...
So it's not exactly Shakespeare, but it's music to our ears.
Luke is making big strides in the babbling department, however, when you ask him to say a word, he will always say "Bah." How do you say Daddy? "Bah." How do you say Kitty? "Bah." Consequently, to make myself happy, I have to ask him "What does a sheep say?", and I finally get an answer I want.
We hope he understands what's going on with the new sister, but since he can't tell us, it's going to be interesting.
Anne leaves for China in one week and we're starting to freak out a little. Change is coming...
Casey is finishing up college application essays.
Ross is now shaving, and has no long pants that fit him.
I recently looked at the kids link pages which I never update and saw just how much our two oldest have changed in the last year and a half. It's startling. It's sad and wonderful.
Now Luke is finally starting to feel like he's settling in, jumping off the attachment issue train
Just in time to shake things up. ....
Late nights
9 years ago











1 comment:
If it's any comfort at all, my little brother (not adopted) didn't say anything but "buh" for many many months. It was the same thing: Ty, how do you say cat? Buh. Can you say mommy? Buh. Then finally one day, my dad asked him, "Ty, can you say 'buh'?" Ty thought about it for a minute, then burst out laughing. After that he started saying a lot more. It's worth a try...
Post a Comment