9.07.2009

The Flu and Nesting!

Some form or other of the flu got 4 out of 5 of us last month. No, Kitty didn't get it, he just likes to snuggle up to the hottest body in the house, and unfortunately, Ross won the prize that day. Luke had it the worst, poor little guy had 103 to 104 degree fevers. Everybody is fine now, and I hope we can keep it that way!


It is finally getting to feel real that we will have a new daughter in about 4 weeks! I, Anne, have been so focused on the long and complicated journey to Lilah Rose, that I haven't allowed my self the joy of thinking about the destination. Well, I finally am! It is such a luxury to be looking at little girl clothes, getting her crib ready, and getting her new dresser. We got a white dresser to go with Luke's yellow one, and have been arranging, organizing and dreaming of tiny little black piggy tails! Carol and I went to Costco to stock up on stuff for our trip, and I never thought buying granola bars and trail mix could be so exciting!

Luke really loved all of the bustling about this weekend, and tried to "help" whenever he could. When we ask him about Lilah Rose, he will run to her dresser and point excitedly at her picture, I wonder what he will think when she actually arrives!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the picture with Kip!

Nancy said...

And Ross!

Carol said...

Poor Rossie! The babies' room looks full anticipation :) Love the video clip of Luke, the wink is too much! How are you holding up?

Patricia said...

I am so sorry you all have been ill. Maybe it was the Asian flu bringing TA!! ;)
I can not believe Luke in that last photo....sniff, he is all grown up!
Paricia

Carrie said...

Hey now that we know each other a bit more can I say you gotta blog more so I can be more in your business LOL! Your older kids are getting so big!I am so sad that we will not be traveling together!