Louis and Dr. Martin, thanks for helping me walk!
We stopped by Casey's job to show her the new feet.
Right after nap, it wasn't a dream, YEAH!Today was the big day, yes, Luke's casts are off!! We are all so happy to see Luke's knees and ankles and feet. Dr. Martin says everything looks good, and that he will be wearing fashionable "Birkenstock-esque" sandals with a brace through the next phase of his treatment. We will be picking them up this week, but for now he is just savouring the air on his feet and legs and his new mobility. We stood him up on his legs, with his feet flat on the floor, and he looked at his feet in amazement and smiled and smiled. Mike and I have to thank our pediatric orthopedist Dr. Martin, and also Louis, who gently took off every old cast, and created every new cast for Luke. They are so funny and skilled. They made this process so much easier for Luke and his nervous Mama. You can tell they love their patients! If you are in the process of adopting a child with an orthopedic problem or club foot, and are in the Atlanta area, I highly recommend them! We are so thankful they were able to help Luke. Without the casts, it is much easier for us to imagine our little guy running, jumping, dancing, hopping....so much fun is waiting for him!!











4 comments:
Wonderful news!! I remember well the day Jude's last casts came off... I think I was more excited than he was ;)
Can't wait to see the progress Luke will make now that his tootsies are fixed!! GO LUKE :)
What beautiful little feet!! Looking forward to seeing the progress. Look out mom and dad!
Kristin
CCAI WCP mom
Lovely. The pics are great but how about some of the dad?
Cheers
Uncle Ross
those are the most beautiful feet I have ever seen!! Yeah Luke! Tell him his girl friend Willow can't wait to see him. ;)
Patricia
Post a Comment