7.03.2009

NO FUN.

The wait for our LOA (letter of acceptance) has started to make me feel, grumpy, helpless, angry, weepy, all that and more. Once we get this letter, we know we will travel in about 8 weeks. Most people with our same dates have been getting their letters after 40 to 60 days. tomorrow we are on day 80. Most families have gotten their letters, but unfortunately a few are still waiting at 120 days! Those poor poor people, I hope they don't end up in the nervous hospital. The bottom line for me is, no matter how much I whine about the pain of waiting for my baby, my girl suffers much more than I do. She is in an orphanage where she thinks it is normal to be nothing special, just one of many who shares one caregiver with many of her peers, never has someone to tell her she is the best baby in the world, waits in line to eat, and if she has a nightmare, there is probably no one to comfort her.As it stands now, it looks like we may not be able to travel until October. I've got no more words.

4 comments:

Arnold family said...

So sorry you all are still waiting. Believe me I know how bad it hurts to have a child wait in the orphanage. I am just glad both our girls will be in loving families very soon!!!We will pray that your LOA comes very soon.

Take care!!!

The Arnold Family

Kristin said...

I hope your magic paper arrives very soon. The wait is the hardst part....and we didn't have to wait as long as you. I can't even imagine. I truly hope your LOA arrives quickly. Your baby needs to come home.

Carrie said...

Anne,
I hope to give you some peace as I have had the same feelings of hurt and fustration. We are at day 81 today. God has the perfect time for you to meet your new daughter. I would love to get on a plane and get Anna Grace today but I have to wait on the Lord. I have a feeling we will wait out the 120 days myself due to being stopped in review for more info on MJ but I know the timing is going to be the perfect timing for us all. I will pray for you and your family and just remember our girls will have Gods hands over them for safety and to stay healthy!
Hugs Carrie
PS next week when I am crying over waiting please tell me the same as I have said to you today-I will need the same words of help!

Carrie said...

Ok tell Patricia she will have a house full! LOL!