7.11.2009

The Eyes Have It

Luke's surgery appears to have been a major success. It was painful (for us as well as him). Especially when the Doctor told us afterwards that he "may cry bloody tears for awhile." He did. Like something out of a horror film. And he didn't want to open his eyes for quite some time, because it hurt.
Once he did, he returned to normal fairly soon. But not. We had no idea what it would be like to have him look us right in the face. It has given him improved focus and given us better "windows into his soul." When he looks you in the eye and smiles now, it's intense. It's a gift.
Thank you Dr. Berland.
Pictures will follow after an extreme de-virusing.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww!! I prayed for little Luke!
Eventually Kenzie will have the same surgery - but hers will be strictly cosmetic, when she chooses - there's no vision to restore. I'm SO glad that he can focus better - what a wonderful gift to see into his soul! :)

Kristin said...

What wonderful news! Looking forward to the pictures. :)

Patricia said...

Oh my goodness! He was truly crying his bloody eyes out. Poor little guy. I am glad that is over.
Where is LOA??? Where is LOA???!!
Patricia

Doris said...

Two of our girls had that surgery. I remember how easy they said it would be and how hard it was at first. I didn't think about it,let Crystal go into the bathroom alone and she started screaming when she saw her eyes all red! She was 7, much older. Glad it was a success!

Carrie said...

How awesome- not the pain put the result! God is good! Still waiting here day 90- I need some happiness over here, like LOA happiness! How about you????

mom2three said...

I hope Luke is doing better now and that he is in less and less pain as the days pass. I don't think I even realized he had strabismus but I am very glad this is his last surgery..poor thing!! When you have a free moment will you email me? I have a favor to ask of you ;)
And no, still no adoption in site although this past week my husband said I could go ahead and start paperwork for a 5-7 year old GIRL!!
~Branda

Carrie said...

Still waiting! day 99 for us! Man-a-live I am ready for it!

Carrie said...

OK you need to take that sweet baby outside and get some new pic's on here! I know your busy! me too starting in the am! Let us know how you doing! The wait is really getting to me! I called my agency almost crying last week! They have said the same stuff-it is taking 3-4 months for LOA right now for Hague families!!! OH- can we please be next!!!

Carrie said...

Really you should post about you wonderful children! Oh we are with AAI! They got LOA on July 21st-are's no where insight! They said they are not getting LOA's for Hague family at least over the three month mark and closer to the four month mark- So I am putting my feet up and waiting and trying to be good! Of course in my room I am crying out "WHY ME" but I just try to keep my mind on it is all in Gods Timing! Big HUgs- I really hope we can see each other in China!

Carrie said...

Maybe I should be like you and go on a no blog posting until I get LOA! Our agency got LOA july 21st-not ours yet! Hope you see your soon!

Carrie said...

Ok now update that blog! I really think we will wait the 4 months in my agency they are waiting that long- You'll have to go with out me but you better come up to Patrica's with that baby!