8.01.2009

The Torture is Over!

Happy 2nd Birthday Sweetie
WE FINALLY GOT OUR LOA!!!
WACAP just let us know that we are one step closer to our beautiful Lilah! And just in time for her birthday tomorrow.
It has not been jolly fun time in the Millsmore home. After we passed Day 100 of waiting, things started to get ugly, and it was hard to enjoy the end of our summer like we really should have. Lots of cranky moods, lack of sleep, and wringing of hands. Thankfully, we can now focus on doing something (and maybe we'll write more on the blog now that we're feeling less cranky).
So now reality sets in... we have to
Make Travel Arrangements
Finish Our Paperwork
Get a Crib, Car seat, Double stroller and High Chair
Plan Babysitting for when Anne is in China and Mike is working
Get all computers de-virused
Re-name and re-design our blog (we've got our new title, but you'll have to wait for the big reveal)
Oh well, for now, there is only the bright side. Happy 2nd Birthday Lilah Rose, we're finally coming for you!!!
Also, bless the kind soul who made these braces for our baby girl, look how proud she looks, we love her so much just seeing what a fighter our daughter is! If she can walk on tiny tennis balls, just imagine what she can do with real prosthetic feet and shoes!


11 comments:

Kristin said...

I have a double umbrella stroller! I don't know how far apart we live but if you want it, it's yours!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear this. May your travel soon and sleep well until then. I have a friend from church on her way to Korea to meet her daughter even as I type.

Beam Family said...

She is beautiful. When do you leave?

Becky

Carrie said...

I am over joyed with Happiness in my heart! I know now the chase is on for all the travel stuff and you'll be there in no time! If you get there with out me-don't worry I'll be right behind you!I pray we will still meet up somewhere even if its not in China!

Ani said...

great news!

Arnold family said...

So glad the LOA finally arrived,you are so much closer to the TA. She looks so sweet! I think of your family often!

The Arnold's

Carrie said...

Can I get your email address ours is aarkre@yahoo.com

J said...

Hurray!!! She is just a beauty. I hope you get to travel soon!

Patricia said...

I am soooo happy to see LOA and her sweet little picture. I couldn't help but think of bound feet when I saw it! Are you sure you won't let me have her? She is so gorgeous!! whew...
Patricia

PS - I knew 3 is a Magic number wouldn't last. ;)

Carrie said...

Oh boy-how long is this I800 approval thing going to take-Did you get yours yet? Do they notify you when its done? Or do you just sit and wait?

Carrie said...

I had to send mine myself-funny huh? I know it got to the USCIS box on 5th! My Agency said they are trying to get us out in the end of Septmeber? We will see!