5.07.2009

Oh Joy!

Our special little lady got to sit on the table to cut her cake.

I love the frosting on the face shot, look at the other kids...everybody got some!
Here is the latest and greatest from China! We sent Lilah Rose a letter, soft blanket and a cake, and the orphanage responded with pictures of her and her friends enjoying the cake!They also tell us that they had a little extra money left over so they bought her this pink party dress. From the looks of it, Lilah really enjoyed it!
I guess it is time to talk a little about Lilah's disability. We haven't found a way to tell people about it without sounding dramatic, so here it goes, Lilah has no feet. Now with that said, our pediatric orthopedist Dr. Martin says that this is a very manageable disability. She is actually already walking now, and when she gets home she will get either prosthetic feet or what they call "slippers" which are inserts that go into her shoes. She should be completely functional and be able to do all the things other children do. We believe that Lilah is so healthy and well cared for in her Half the Sky Orphanage that she will have many less obstacles to overcome than Luke. We are so thankful for the love and care she is receiving now! Poor Luke has had to crawl out of the hole of malnourishment and neglect, and we are so happy that Lilah isn't suffering that way! It looks like someone made Lilah her own special "socks" with a grippy bottom sewn on so that she can walk easier! I can not wait until I can get my sweet baby and tell those people in person how grateful we are!

7 comments:

Doug and Cheryl said...

She looks so cute. You are so blessed.

Stefanie said...

Look at her!! What a beauty :)
They are doing a wonderful job caring for Lilah until you can get there!

Kristin said...

What beautiful pictures!!! She sure is a special little girl....very loved indeed.

Arnold family said...

I am so glad that she is receiving such wonderful care and she looks so happy. I am sure that she will thrive and do so well with a forever family. Elijah was missing a skull bone and had a stroke and people are amazed at him. We are close to getting a travel date for Sneha and we hope your TA comes soon also.Take Care!!!

Patricia said...

Oh she is so so beautiful.... I can't wait till you get her home!
Patricia

Carrie said...

Anne you guys are awesome and Lilah will be a blessing to you and you will be a blessing to her! She is a sweet little thing!

Beam Family said...

What wonderful care she is getting! I hope she comes home soon.