3 more casts to go!
Loving Coloring
Look Mama Two Hands!!Luke had his 4th cast put on today, which means that his feet are halfway to the finish line for straightening! I took this picture right after the third cast was taken off. We can't believe how much straighter his feet look! He feet are so cute, and I forgot, because of the casts, how cute his legs and little knees are. It made me kind of sad to see the next cast cover them up. He will get his outpatient surgery to nick his Achilles tendons on May 2nd, then he will have 3 weeks in a cast to heal in the correct position, then his "magic shoes" as Mike likes to call them in the Forrest Gump accent come on, 23 hours a day until he starts to walk. I'm hoping that he will be toddling around in all the cute Chinese squeaky shoes I bought him before the end of the summer.
Luke is now babbling quite a bit, most notably, he is saying Ross's name! Ross is proud to be the first family member to get a name - "Ra Ra". I answer to "Ma Ma", but unfortunately, it seems to mean a lot of things. Luke also picked up a pen the other day and just started scribbling away on a piece of paper like he was making an important note of something! Wow, now we see that all of his intent observations are actually clicking inside his head! His development is so fascinating to us! He is also struggling mightily to use both hands together, for instance, to hold a book and turn its pages, or to manipulate something big, you just can't do it without two hands. This delay in his development is causing lots of frustration for him. Come on Babies Can't Wait!! We are having a meeting with them Thursday, and we hope to get his therapy on the fast track!











3 comments:
Anne-
I wore Forrest Gump braces for 2 years or so when I was 6-7 years old---built into my shoes--24/7. Luke will do fine! He is so precious and I love seeing his progess!
Marcy
CCAI WCP yahoo group
wow...he has made some great strides....the note he's writing must be to his "aunt karen"...xoxo!
A budding artist I would say! Luke's little legs are just precious.... I can not wait to see him!
Patricia
Post a Comment