
Gotcha Day
One month Home!
Two Months Home
Three Months Home
Four Months Home
Five Months HomeSee how much our little boy has changed!!! All of our travel mates had 5 month retrospectives on their blogs so we had to keep up. Looking back, especially at the first pictures was especially emotional. It brings tears to your eyes when you think of all the changes these kids have to adapt to. Our son has had two surgeries, one new language, two new parents, two new siblings, new pets, physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, feeding therapy, a million immunizations, and summer in Atlanta. It would almost be more fun to see the changes in us since this little miracle came into our lives.
Luke's other big news is that he is finally standing up!!! All the stupid casts, surgery, and torture devices attached to his feet are finally paying off. Dr. Martin, the orthopedic surgeon, said that he doesn't have to wear his shoes and bar 23 hours anymore since he has come so far. Sweet music to our ears. He can actually stand for several minutes at a time, while steadying himself on the ottoman. And finally, he can wear the squeaky shoes we bought him!!!












13 comments:
What a wonderful timeline. I cant wait to be able to do this.
Beautiful!
Yippie! I cna't believe it has been 5 mos. You all are so dear to me!!! I just love having been able to join you along this fun, exciting ride!
How wonderful and miraculous to see the changes right here in print! Luke has obviously come SO far already - just think about how far he's going to go from here. ;)
Yay for getting to put his squeaking shoes on him!! Yippee!
I love the pictures! Congrats on 5 wonderful months with your sweet boy. It IS amazing to think of all the changes these kids go through, and how resilient they are!!
Happy 5 months home! He is such a happy boy.
He has changed SO much! We do the month by month thing too, and it's amazing to see the changes. We had our 5 month on 7/18. Congrats on him being able to stand! He's come so very far, I know you are all so proud of him. He's the cutest thing, too ;)
This is the first picture where he looks more "little boy" than "baby" to me. Way to go Luke!
its been a while since I have visited. I LOVE what you've done with the place. It looks great. I looks like your family if ya know what I mean!
I am so glad to see Mr. Luke improving so much.
Keep up the good work!
jamie v in Athens
Luke sure has grown a lot since Nanchang. Those squeaky shoes are going to get old after awhile.
Doug and Cheryl
5 months already??! I am sooo glad he doesn't have to wear that "bar" for 23 hours now! whew.. I know you are all so happy he is standing! You go Luke!
Patricia
Post a Comment