We had a lot of fun visiting my friend Dauray this week, and getting to know her GORGEOUS daughter Saida, who just got home from Ethiopia. Saida is just so happy and giggly and did I say beautiful? Dauray is a great mom, and we can't wait to have more play dates, and get to know Saida better.
Luke's first swim!
The weekend was so fun. We went to Banner Elk, NC, which is in the Appalachian mountains. We left the sweltering 94 degree Atlanta weather and headed on up to the ski area. Oh, how that cool air was rejuvenating. We went for two reasons, one, to visit Lees-Macrae College which is a nice little school which happens to have two of Casey's major interests, wildlife rehabilitation, and drama. The other reason is one that is very dear to my heart. We went to visit my blogging friend Patricia and her lovely family! http://littlecabininthewoods.typepad.com/my_weblog/I have never made an "Internet friend" before, but Patricia and I were on the same adoption timetable and supported each other through thick and thin during that crazy international adoption ride. My only regret was that we couldn't travel to China together to get our sweet babies. More on that visit, it is too much to tell for one post, and I'm waiting for her to send me her fabulous pics of our kids together. But let me tell you folks who love her blog, she most certainly does live in a little cabin in the woods, and it is just as adorable as you would think, and so are her girls!
We also stopped at the famous Mast General Store, which may have been one of the highlights for everyone too, especially one of our candy loving boys!
Happy Father's Day!!!













7 comments:
Love the pictures of Luke with big sister! Our pediatrician joked that our youngest had five physical/speech therapists to work with her (2 parents, 3 siblings) so how much better could it be??
Luke will make leaps and bounds which will amaze you. He's already changed so much since he came home. Keep up the great work!
Love the new website-I have not checked on you in a while-So glad to hear luke is doing well!
-Carrie
what a sweet boy Luke is!
I love internet friends!! These are indeed great pics!
Hi Anne, I am going to try to leave a comment, but if I cannot figure out how to do this I will look you up in an old Briar Vista directory. Pam and I so enjoyed reading your blog just before school was out. And we especially enjoyed catching up on Ross! Your new family member, Luke, is most endearing to me. My daughter in law is Chinese-American and she and my son have two precious little boys. They have recently moved from NY to Beijing. I plan to spend most of July and part of August there.
With love to all of you,
"Miss Leslie"
We love to see how Luke is changing and how good he looks. You guys have been so busy with surgery and therapy as well. They are just amazing children.I wish we all lived closer to get together.
We so enjoyed having you all up here! I am in love with Luke... he is amazing. Casey is just lovely and Ross reminds me so much of my youngest son. You have a delightful family. Give Luke a smooch from Piper. ;)
Patricia
Post a Comment