9.16.2007

"Lively and Stubborn"


Now that we have calmed down a little, here's some information on our new son (makes us feel all good inside just saying that). It's been a whirlwind of celebration and some of the fastest paperwork in history. As most of you know, we are in the Waiting Child program and have been expecting a child with a disability. Turns out Luke has what is called "Congenital Turned in Feet" as a result of the way he was positioned in the womb. With luck, this could be a condition that corrects itself when he begins to walk. Worst case scenario, according to our pediatrician, is that his feet are casted for a short period of time. Either way, he looks to be in great health.

According to the reports we have received, he is attached to his foster mother (that's a good thing), he is a deep sleeper, and his personality was listed as both lively, and stubborn. We can't wait to get him!!!

Today we put together a care package for him, including a photo album of us, some stimulating toys, and boy socks that match!

We are hoping that we will be able to travel to get him right after Christmas. Best present...ever!

We are also hoping to get updates from the orphanage, because frankly, now that we are matched, 4 pictures is just enough to make you starve for more.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful..I take care of patients who have that disability at the hospital..he is precious and I love his name

Patricia said...

Happy birthday!! :) How did China know you wanted a little boy named Jun?!

Julie and Steve said...

Congrats! He is a cutie...

Anonymous said...

He is ADORABLE!! Congratulations to your whole family!

Marcy Dunaway said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! Please keep us posted on the March/April CCAI yahoo board! He is precious and I hope he is snuggled in your arms VERY soon!
Marcy

Maia said...

ps - just had to tell you, I had one turned-in foot when I was a baby, and they didn't know if it would straighten on its own or not. I wore a single orthopedic boot briefly, but the foot straightened. That foot still turns inward when I sleep (so I sleep kinda pigeon-toed) but hasn't bothered me a bit! :)

Basically, he's perfect!!