Lilah loves riding the bus to school, going to class, and coming HOME! She is getting much more secure and cuddly. One shocking thing that we learned is that at school, she is QUIET! Her teachers say she doesn't talk much at all. She sure makes up for it at home. Yesterday in the car, while she was giving me a running commentary about every thing she was feeling, seeing and thinking, I said, "Lilah, you sure are talking a lot!" Her response was, "Oh! Thank you very much Mama!"
Mike went to Illinois for an overnight visit to see Casey. Even though he was sick as a dog, he got to meet her new friends, and most of all, share the opening night of the musical she has been working on for months. He says he would do it all over again, Robitussin and all.
Casey walking toward Mike for their first meeting since August
Unfortunately, we have all been sick. It has been a constant battle with viruses, fevers, wretched coughs, stomach bugs, you name it. One or two of us is sick at all times. This has made some challenges at my job harder to handle. Being unable to go into specifics, the last month has left me with my feelings hurt and my body hurt. Its never the kids I work with of course, they are my darlings. They are why I keep coming! The system I work for is lacking some essential elements, and I feel very downhearted about it. Mike has also been dealing with uncertainty with his job, the hospital is struggling to stay open, and it is open almost on a month to month basis. All these worries and struggles have been going on in the house of germs, phlegm, fevers, etc. So we are ready to circle the wagons, batton the hatches, hole up for Thanksgiving with our beloved Casey home!
After the big Fall show at school! (Lilah 102 fever, Luke with deep chest cough)
Here is to giving thanks for Peace, health, and love!
Here is to giving thanks for Peace, health, and love!












4 comments:
the kids are adorable, as always.
have a happy and healthy thanksgiving.
Always love to read about your family. Hopefully the bugs will be gone soon and everyone can be well for the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!!
The Arnold Family:)
I LOVE your blog! Both you and Mike are fantastic writers! I am so sorry to hear about the constant, hanging-around sicknesses and the woes of your workplace. I am very curious as to what you do? Since I have not really "caught up" with you since 1980 (heh heh). It's wonderful to see the children flourishing so! May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, lovin' on Casey and the rest! My family is here for we have a Bar Mitzvah to celebrate on Saturday -- my firstborn son! Whoa! So it's a milestone Thanksgiving for us, that's for sure. Sending blessings to you . . . . .
Say hello to Casey for us. I hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment