3.13.2010

Family Outing


Today we saddled up and met our friends Nancy, Mark and their daughter Willa at a very nice outlet "mall?" "amusement mall?" - not sure what it is, but full of fun for the little guys, middle guys, and a certain Senior Prom dress shopping teen! It was so fun to be a (mostly) Functional Family Unit on the Go. At least that is what I'm calling us. Its been a long time coming since Lilah came home!
First we met up with Willa and her parents at a beautiful aquarium in a famous sports store.
Next,we went on a train ride. Casey and Ross were good sports and
crunched themselves in with the babies. When Luke got scared and I saw Ross holding Luke's head against his chest gently rubbing his hair, I thought I was gonna embarrass myself by weeping with
gratitude for our wonderful children. Thankfully someone had a meltdown or hissy fit immediately after, so I was saved the public embarrassment.



Ross and Willa got on the spinney part of the carousel. Willa and Ross have been buddies since Willa was born!

Then we went to N.M. a very upscale store to just "get ideas" for prom dresses. We had so much fun! I had to add this picture because I'm
looking at the price tag and laughing on the inside. This gorgeous gown was an Elie Saab and was DEEP DISCOUNTED to 1997.00! Oh but my baby looks so pretty in it. Maybe we can
find one at the consignment store next weekend....





We liked the plume on this beauty.

Lovely Grecian look.

We were really starting to have fun now,but I think that the ladies who work there were catching onto the idea that the credit card would not be coming out today.

One last look at the Elie Saab, sigh...our favorite. I think I actually saw this on the red carpet at the Academy Awards. The picture doesn't do it justice, it has blossoms in a line across the bodice.

At this point, Nancy and I could feel the men folk gettin' restless and by men folk, I mean all men, boys, Willa and people under the age of 4. It was time to come back from fashion fantasy world and head home for naps.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

As hard as it is to have teens and little ones, I sure do love those special moments between them.

Happy prom dress shopping! I am relishing in the fact that I don't have to do it this year. Whew!

Nancy said...

We had a great time too!

Paige said...

I also agree that having teens and tots is an amazing experience and I love to see my kids interact even at the different ages. The dresses are beautiful! We are shopping for grade nine grad dresses right now as well... Your kids are beautiful!

Chris said...

I just came upon your blog via 'Sunday Snapshot'...
I have enjoyed myself 'getting to know your family'...
They are terrific!!!

It's been fun 'visiting' with y'all!!

Amy said...

Love it! It's great that you are so bold as to shop at N.M. and just enjoy the dresses w/o even THINKING of taking out those credit carditos! Sure is nice to see our younguns' looking good, though, isn't it. Thanks for sharing your day!