11.01.2008

We can't keep it quiet anymore!


I, Anne, thought that when we came home with Luke, I would stop my obsessive studying of information and blogs about Chinese adoption. Strangely, it just continued, and pretty soon I realized that I really wanted to adopt one more child from China. There were lots of reasons not to, money, Luke's disabilities, etc. As the months pass, it has become obvious that Luke is catching up to his peers at such a quick pace, OT and PT say that they think he will graduate from the program sometime when he is two. At about this time Mike got on board with me, and wanting to adopt again became more serious, not just a joke about mom. Of course the money concern never went away! Three months ago we had our 6 month post placement meeting with Luke's social worker Susan, and we told her about our wish. She told us about WACAP, an agency which is funded by many different charitable foundations (including our new best friend Bill Gates) which will subsidize most all of the adoption costs of a baby with a special need. Adopting another child with an orthopedic special need is what we wanted to do, especially after the experience of adopting Luke, our little treasure, who had club feet. This disabiliy was insurmountable in China, but was so easily fixed here in the US. I mean really, all we had to do was pay the co payment, let Dr. Martin do her magic, and now it is a non issue. We are thrilled to say that this has happened again! We found a precious baby girl with orthopedic issues. After much talk with Luke's orthopedist, pediatrician, and therapists, we have received PA (pre approval) from China for a little sister for Luke! She is 8 months younger than Luke and waiting for us in the same province Luke is from. She, unlike Luke, is in an excellent orphanage run by the American charity, "Half the Sky", and from everything we have heard, is being well taken care of.


So, without further ado,


We Indroduce with Great Joy.....

Hong Dai Jie

name means, "clean, pure mountain"

born August 2, 2007

We HOPE to travel to get her in the late spring, or early summer.

Thanks to you all for sharing in our JOY!!

Love,

Anne, Mike, Casey, Ross and Luke


15 comments:

Kristin said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations to you all!!

Stefanie said...

How WONDERFUL!!! I am so thrilled for you guys, what a BEAUTIFUL little one she is!! She sounds like a PERFECT addition to your family :)
Is her SN clubfoot?

Doug and Cheryl said...

Congrats. We hope your blog continues.

Unknown said...

Congrats from another Atlanta family!

Beautiful.....

We have a wonderful adoption community that meets the first Friday of every month if you can make it sometime, let me know

Anonymous said...

love the picture of your little girl. I check in weekly and can't wait to hear more good news about both of your newest additions.

Karrie said...

WOW!!!
Awesome news! This will be so wonderful for Luke!
Can't wait to cheer you on from the cheap seats!!!

Karrie in IN
(my family makes these jokes about me too!! But one day... one day I will follow in your foot steps!!)

Ani said...

Such a beauty! She shares my mom's birthday :)

Congratulations.

Arnold family said...

Mike & Anne,

We are so excited for you all. This is wonderful, she is so cute!!!!Isn't adoption fabulous!!!

Love,

Holly & Brent Arnold

NeuroMama said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and Luke looks awesome! Will you be renaming your blog Four is a magic number now?

Cecelia said...

Oh! Congrats! I guess Four is the new magic number? I would LOVE to ask you some questions privately. Could I get your email,please? Mine is SisterCecelia@yahoo.com. Not a nun, my first name just lends itself to that title...

Patricia said...

I will say it again ~ she is truly Luke's sister! So, I guess three 'was' the magic number.... maybe you should rename it Three Four One More. ;o)
Patricia

Donna said...

That's a face that will make you absolutely MELT! Congrats, Anne!! I'm so very happy for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Anne...you are amazing...always have been! Your family is beautiful. I check in from time to time on your blog, I wish we lived closer...sure do miss you. Perhaps a visit to Atlanta is in order very soon! Hope you are all well..I am thinking of you! Missy from California....

The Sharp Family said...

Anne, I know that we have talked before. Our Norah is from Nanchang. Can you email me when you get a chance? I just have a few questions for you about the WACAP. Thanks much! spesharp@yahoo.com
Your daughter is beautiful!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristin A again. Wow, you guys, this is so amazing. I have known what a special family you are. Joy is beautiful. What a precious girl. Luke is thriving. And bringing another little one into your home is so admirable. Your family is truly blessed.