We finally got our travel dates! We will be leaving for Hong Kong on the 13th of February, and will get Luke on February 17th.
Let the mad rush begin! We went to Target today until I was so overwhelmed we had to come home in disgrace with my list incomplete. But seriously people, things have changed since my last child was a baby. We are supposed to bring 6 different nipples for Luke's formula since we don't know what kind he uses. That sounds expensive but do-able. Well, these days they sell "systems" in which each specialized nipple fits onto its own bottle and none other, so you have to buy the right bottle to go with each type of nipple and THEN each nipple type comes in different sizes depending on the baby's age!
Enough to make you lose the will to live. Mike's eyes glazed over after I had to say "nipple" about 10 times and wandered off to look at luggage locks.
At least we made a dent in the list, and Luke's room is starting to fill up with China-bound stuff which is very exciting.
We also "met" on line some of the families we will be travelling with, and they are a fun bunch, can't wait to meet them. One sad note though, I truly wish that we could be travelling with my good friend Patricia. She and I have supported each other through thick and thin, and it would have been perfect to have our families together in China when we finally get our babies. That said, we couldn't be happier or more excited to have an actual date.
Luke will finally be with his family on the 17th!
It gives me goosebumps.
Late nights
9 years ago











3 comments:
so happy for you! we got tpll and awaiting LOA! I can't wait to see your journey to China nd picking up your sweetie~ My list of needed things is almost done-but I always seem to forget something!
Congratulations!!!
Oh, I am so happy for you!! I can't wait to see y ou holding that litle guy in your arms!!
Patricia
Post a Comment