12.21.2007

The Best Christmas Present, EVER.



LOA

This probably means nothing to the average blog watcher, but to us it's the greatest Christmas present ever!!! LOA means letter of acceptance, and we got ours today. It's the final countdown to Luke. It looks like we'll likely be traveling in Mid-February (after China shuts down for Chinese New Year). We have to admit that we were losing hope, doing a great deal of moping, thinking that China forgot about us, and maybe we'd get Luke when he's starting to shave. But today all that changed, hope is back, Christmas feels like a holiday, and all is right with our little world.
So I, Mike, a therapist, was in session with a kid when my phone goes off. I recognize the area code, so I have to take the call. Sarah starts talking and her voice is shaking so I know something's up. "Is this a good time?" (of course it is, anytime is), "well, I have some news... "(stay calm, stay calm)"you're in the match room and we have your LOA" (I'm holding back tears in front of my street-wise, adolescent client) "Any questions?" (can we get him today?). So my client asks me "is something wrong?" and I cheerfully say "Nope, everything is great."
Next step Visa applications and Christmas stockings to fill. As for Anne and I, our Christmas wishes have come true.

No comments: