4.03.2011

Playing in the Pollen


Its that time in Atlanta. Pollen blows in yellow clouds like a dust cloud. Even if you don't have an allergy to it, just the mechanics of trying to breathe and see in the yellow storm makes the strongest people unable function, cough and have a persistent gritty powder in their mouth. If you don't live here, its hard to understand the totality of the dust EVERYWHERE. Of course the normal people stay inside and keep their doors and windows shut. Unfortunately, if you have toddlers, the show must go on. We have been outside sneezing and hacking, because that is better than having two toddlers stuck in the house. It really is. Just one day's accumulation.
So we played, stood still for approximately 1 second,

and rolled in the pollen.


Here is a photo of Luke that shows the persistent, golden glow of the pollen that is everywhere the sun shines!



Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thats CRAZY!! I've never seen pollen like that before. And i thought that the allergies for me was bad here in Nebraska. I couldn't imaginable being there! Good luck being outside!

Merrill said...

Ah, yes. Pollen season...AKA yellow car season, no matter the true color of one's car! 'Scuse me while I go sneeze into another kleenex! Achoo!

Kristin said...

I just love having a yellow car every spring. Yuck!!

Very cute photos of your little ones. They are getting so big!!

Jaime said...

Oh my . . makes my allergies go crazy just looking at it! Beautiful children!!

Jen said...

Oh how I love Spring, but oh how I hate pollen... Claritin, how I need you... lol! I understand your pain!