9.30.2008

A Week in the Life


Firstly, an apology. We have been trying to rush our posts, and have not been spell-checking. I re-read the last few posts and wanted to take a red pencil to them. Abominable english. Secondly, this was written 3 weeks ago, so the comments about Atlanta having no gas are passe, but I left them for historical interest.

Things have been and continue to be hectic. Couple this with Atlanta's current difficulties with gasoline (if you're not from here you would not believe what it is like; most gas stations have no gas. None. So we end up having to look online for places that have it and then driving like idiots to wait in line for expensive, and often inappropriately octaned gas) and things are frenetic.
Thank Heaven for Team Luke. Our band of Doctors and Child Care suppliers who have made life so much easier. Initially we thought it would be wierd having all these people in our house, we were once kind of private people, but now it's like our doors our open to the giant merry band that is Team Luke! This is a typical week.

Monday

Grandma spends the night Sunday and babysits Monday. This is Luke's off day for therapy. Not only does she provide childcare, she frequently brings us dinners. We have heartedly say, "please don't bother Grandma" but we secretly hope she ignores us and brings us the yummies.



Tuesday

Gaga arrives in the morning, and takes Luke to Occupational Therapy every week. When Anne gets home after school, she gives us copius notes on what our OT, Shanoor tells her.

Wednesday

Aunt Ann arrives (Tuesday night), not only does she provide childcare...she likes to iron. No, I'm not kidding. Last week she brought us diapers and a fruit plate!!! PT comes to our house after school, so Anne can be there.



Thursday

Gaga's back. Since she doesn't have to take Luke to therapies today, she tends to take on other tasks like organizing closets and bedrooms (again, I'm not kidding). See below what she did to Ross' room.


Before

After



A Place For Everything!



Friday


Daddy Day Care. I do my business on the computer before Luke wakes up. Speech therapist comes in the afternoon and we try to do pediatrician visits, eye doctor and I'm still working on court docs to get Luke his Social Security Number.



Throw in Homework, Chores, and rehearsals every afternoon and you've got kind of an idea what our lives are like at present.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I don't suppose Gaga would like to spend a weekend in Colorado now, would she? ;) Glad to see that everyone is doing well!!